Monday, November 8, 2010

Some Cool Scrapbooking Challenges - BB and Recipe

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share a couple of really fun challenges that I have found and participated in for a few months.

The first is a Brag Book Challenge! I love BB pages. They are so fun and quick to design since they are only 4x6 instead of a full size page. However, I usually run out of creativity before I make a full books worth of pages. Well, I have found a solution! A Brag Book Challenge at Scrappity Doo Dah hosted by Sara Ellis.

Here are some examples of pages I have made for the challenge.

BB September

BB October

BB July

BB June

And here is how it works.
You get a mini sized kit that Sara makes from one of her full size kits. In order to get the kit you simply have to say you are interested in participating in her Brag book Thread at the Scrappity Doo Dah Forum. (You will have to register - but it is free. Click here to go to the site to register). Then half way through the month she will send you a Private Message with the link to download the kit. Use the kit to make your BB page and then you will email her a copy as well as post a picture in the Forum Thread and then at the end of the month Sara will send you the link to download everyones cards! So easy and so much fun and getting other peoples inspiration and help to make a full BB kit is awesome!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second is a Recipe Challenge! Now who can't use some new recipes each month! I know I certainly can! Sometimes I feel like I cook the same 5 meals over and over again! :)
So when I saw a post about a Recipe Challenge at Let Me Scrapbooks Blog I decided to participate.

Here are a few of the cards that I have made.
Recipe - Perico

Recipe Potato Salad

Recipe Choc Chip Cookies

And here is how it works.
You get a mini sized kit that Let Me Scrapbook designer Maureen has made. (The first month you participate you do have to purchase the kit. But it is only .50 cents so not a lot. For any month that you participate you get the following month kit for free so if you participate each month you will only ever have to spend .50 cents).

Then you use that kit to create a 4x6 recipe card that fits the theme for the month (i.e. treats, vegtables, etc). Then at the end of the month you get a jpeg copy of ALL the recipes! So you not only get a bunch of recipes you get them already scrapped all cute and coordinated! Most of the participates also include a blank card (with out the actual recipe) so that you can add your own recipes later and still have them coordinate without making new cards yourself! How cool is that!

The challenge is hosted at The Studio forum so you do have to register in order to participate. But it is so much fun! I would definitely recommend it! Plus the more people we get to participate the more recipes we each get! Let me know if you have any questions!

Kristal





1 comment: